- To provide a safe and loving environment where children are challenged to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To teach the Bible, God’s written Word, clearly and help children apply it in practical ways.
- To teach children the value of prayer so they may experience it in everyday life.
- To encourage families to grow together as they journey toward knowing and loving God.
- To encourage families in joyful and consistent participation in the life of the congregation.
- To help our children develop a Christian worldview with an emphasis on missions and service.
Children in Kindergarten through Grade 5 are welcome to participate in this class offered each week during the Sunday School hour.
The curriculum we use is “The Gospel Project for Kids” by Lifeway, a Christ-centered, 3-year chronological journey through Scripture. This curriculum helps kids discover how the gospel unfolds from Genesis through Revelation.
Our desire is for them to understand that the Bible is not just a collection of stories but of God’s unified story of redemption, to read Scripture as Christ-centered, and to grasp essential Christian doctrines. Kids spend equal time in the Old and New Testaments learning the key distinctions of each and how they fit together. The curriculum also includes Bible story & music videos and an emphasis on missions.
We believe that when kids truly experience the gospel, their hearts are transformed. Our prayer is for each of the children to choose to follow Jesus as the guide for their life.
Children’s Church is offered during the worship service for pre-school thru grade 2. This is a time of activities that engage the children on their level and teach them truths from God’s Word.
Treasure Hunters meets every other week for grades 3-5 during the Worship Service. It is a program geared specifically at teaching the basics of the Bible, in fun and meaningful ways. Topics covered include The Ten Commandments, The Lord’s Prayer, Seven Days of Creation, How to use your Bible, The Fruit of the Spirit and more.
Vacation Bible School
We have a Blast at Vacation Bible School! This fun-filled week is usually held the third week of June. We jump and clap during our times of singing, run and play during game times and are challenged by our Bible times. We look forward to next year’s VBS at Butter Valley Community Church, and we can’t wait to have you join us!
Friday Fun Nights are offered once a quarter. The kids have a great time playing games such as dodge-ball, kick-ball or even a scavenger hunt. This is followed by a time of singing and a Bible talk, then a snack and more games. Check our calendar for the Fun Night schedule.